Monday, March 24, 2008

Things I Want in a House

We've been house hunting....for about a year!  

Prices have finally started going down, which is good good good for us.  But we still haven't found what we're looking for.  I know that as first-time home buyers we won't get our dream house right away, but at the same time, there are some things we've decided we can't live without:

  • At LEAST 3 bedrooms, but would love either 4 or a bonus room so that I can have a craft/sewing room
  • 2 or more bathrooms
  • A backyard that has enough room for our kids to run around as well as a little veggie garden and a place to put my herbs
  • Not too much work to be done, especially since we found out we're pregnant!  
  • An open floor plan as far as the kitchen and living room are concerned 
  • Most importantly, a neighborhood that feels safe and kid-friendly
Now, I don't think that is asking too much.  But, as I said, we've been looking for over a year, and haven't found THE house.  We're just trusting that God knows and has our back! :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Its tough finding that perfect house. It's good that you know what you want. I like our house a lot, but there are a few things I might have done differently if I had to do it over. Keep looking, you'll find it.