Monday, June 7, 2010

Thrifty Awesome-ness

My mom and I went to a huge community garage sale a few weekends ago, and we found ourselves at the home of a man who formerly had an antique shop and still dabbles in, um, antiquity?!  Anyway, we got to talking with him, and my mom mentioned that she had bought some stuff from him before...so he let us go into his shed in the back where he kept all the rest of his stuff!  He said we could take a look and buy whatever we wanted, he would give us a great deal.  The place was immaculate, perfectly organized...beautiful, blissful.  I wished that I had brought my camera because it was just so breathtaking!  And then these little beauties caught my eye:


Aren't they beautiful?!  I fell in love with them instantly and my mom suggested I ask him how much they were.  I kind of brushed it off cuz I thought I couldn't afford them.  And then something in me said, "Hey, if you don't ask, you don't know."  I think it was my mother-in-law ;)  So I asked and he said he'd give all 3 of them to me for...are you ready?!  Are ya?!....  FIFTEEN DOLLARS!!!!!  I plunked down the money and was on cloud nine for the rest of the week.

It's the simple things in life, isn't it?!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

OMGosh-what a sweet gift! I have a feeling he was WANTING you to have them:) I love garage sells and thrift shops and all your sweet pics...so, did you ever get your garden going? Or, did the reading overtake? If not, Pics?! I bet you'd take great ones! What a hobby Queen! Perfect for the Blog world:D Me likey!

Dawn Hudson said...

Thanks for the comment on my beach fun photo from www.dawnhudsonphotography.com.

I love old cameras as well and am always looking for them to add to my collection. I would have fallen head over hills right along with you.

Like I said earlier thanks for stopping by.