Friday, January 25, 2008

On my mind...

Here are some random things that I've been kind of mulling over...

1. I always thought that people who want to take care of the Earth were weird, new age-y people who didn't really have a good reason to believe what they do. But recently, I have been really convicted of how I treat this beautiful planet. Even if we don't necessarily go as far as "environmental extremists," we have a responsibility.

"Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.'" Genesis 1:26, New International Version

"God spoke: 'Let us make human beings in our image, make them reflecting our nature, so they can be responsible for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle, and, yes, Earth itself, and every animal that moves on the face of Earth.'" Genesis 1:26, The Message

...Doesn't that say that we need to be taking care of the Earth simply because it's one of the things we were CREATED to do?! It should just be in our nature to do so. But maybe I'm way off. Any thoughts?

2. I have been wondering what I am supposed to DO with my life. Right now I am babysitting. I am 26 years old, have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology (and spent a ridiculous amount of money to get that!), and I am babysitting for about $5.50 an hour (2 kids). I also occasionally babysit my very sweet little cousin. I keep praying that God would show me something that I am good at, something that I can do that is "meaningful." Today it hit me when I was driving home...maybe that IS what I am good at. Maybe I'm babysitting and taking care of people's children because that is what I am good at, and it is meaningful. It is huge for people to know that when they can't be with their kids, there is someone who loves them to pieces and will do everything in their power to keep them safe and happy. I am so glad that I can be that person for some people. I absolutely ADORE all of the kids in my life. Darwin, Alex, Isaac, Emery, Dakota, Ethan, Ainsley, and Audrey, just to name a few, have been such big blessings in my life. Thank you Lord that I am good at loving them and being one of their biggest fans.

3. I am still SO needing to create something, but SO at a loss of where to start. Very frustrating. I actually am almost to the point of being stressed out by the fact that I have all of this "creative energy" inside of me, but no way to get it out! So, I am "stuck" with making scarves! Luckily, Michaels had a FABULOUS sale on yarn and I got a few really cool skeins that were normally $6.99 or $8.99 for $2 a piece!!! Woo hoo!!

4. I love my husband. God has blessed me beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

That's all for now :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I caved in and bought Bend-the-rules sewing. Sarah T (from Texas) had me convinced that I needed it and it's easy. And it'll give me something to do too. That's how I'm going to get my 'crafty' anxiousness out.