Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mushrooms and Musicians (or, Why I Love San Francisco)

I love San Francisco.  I could go to the same places every time I go and never grow bored.  One of my favorite places is the farmer's market on The Embarcadero.  

It's got food.


It's got music.




And it's got a whole lot of random photo ops.





        


    

It's the most inspiring place I've been.  I love to walk around and people watch (as you can tell by my pictures of random strangers!).  You meet all types there and there is a feeling of "Whatever you want to be, you can be.  Whoever you want to become, you can become."  I love it.

We have a lot of pictures of San Francisco.  A LOT!  So I tried to challenge myself a bit by taking different perspectives of the "same ol'" things or just different "things" in general.


Coit Tower, bridge

House on the way to Lombard street



Alcatraz (that's the blurriness in the water there ;))

Sea Lions on the Pier


Not sure what this is actually called, but it's one of those special memory places.


Golden Gate Bridge

Isn't it a beautiful city?!  Seriously, every time I go I am inspired and I actually feel like it is going to be part of our future.  I'm not necessarily sure in what capacity, but I know that God's going to use my love for this city for Him.

2 comments:

SagebrushFarm said...

Lov this!

Rebecca said...

Wow-it's amazing how pictures can say a thousand words...love your photos, what a beautiful gifting you have. Have you hear that Kristene Mueller song yet about San Francisco? I love it. It's about God not being done with it yet...kind of exciting. It's called 'St. Francis' if you want to check it out on YOutube...and if you're looking for an awesome new worship CD, it's that too! I got it on the Bethel Church website store, titled 'Those Who Dream.'

Keep the photos comin' Sarah! Still waiting for your garden pics!