Saturday, February 16, 2008

Productive-ness-a-licious

Today was a wonderfully productive day! But the best part was that it was productive and not stressful in the least! I woke up at 7:15-ish and went outside to the balcony to catch up on some of my Bible reading (I was on February 5th...ooops!). Then in the next 5 hours, I planted tomatoes and strawberries; made potato salad; cooked and cut a tri-tip; cleaned the kitchen, dining room and living room; read more Bible; swept and vacuumed the balcony, and finished off another few little things. WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!

To celebrate life in general, and beautiful faux-spring weather in particular, we walked over to Coldstone and got a Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip Gotta Have It!! We subbed the choc chips for Oreos and it was deeeelish! Then when we got home, I finished my dad's birthday present (a notebook full of geocaches).

What a splendiferous day!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Gotta love days like that! It feels so good to get things accomplished!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and the nice comment you left. :)

Linda said...

Feel free to email me any time at ljlehn@charter.net
I know there is a way to set your comments so that I can reply directly to them, but I can't seem to find where it is.

Right now we are considering doing foster-to-adopt. Basically that means that they would only place kids with us that have a very good likelihood of being placed for adoption, and we would have first choice in the adoption. Many times these are babies right out of the hospital or only a few months old. Depending on what state you live in the costs for this type of adoption are very minimal, if anything at all. BUT you have to realize that there are no guarantees, and that any child placed with you may wind up going back to parents, or other family members. Nothing is final until the papers are signed and the judge declares it legal.
Sorry for the long comment, email me if you want to chat. I'd be more than happy!